When you have an event on your Outlook or Google calendar with a teacher but the event title doesn’t match one of the menu options in TeachBoost, the event will auto-import to TeachBoost Coach without a specific type.
This leads to a large amount of events showing as “other” in the Time Spent Report.
- Recommendation: Make TeachBoost your homebase and create events directly in TeachBoost, rather than starting from your Google/Outlook calendar.
- Save Time: This allows you to categorize events when you create them, so you don’t have to spend extra time editing events after they auto-import.
- Impact on Reports: Minimizes or eliminates the amount of “other” events in your Time Spent Report.
- Here's a great training video on how to minimize “other”
- Check out our help article on how to create events in TeachBoost Coach
- If you don’t make TeachBoost Coach your homebase, you must use event titles on Outlook/Google that match a dropdown option in TeachBoost to ensure events import with a specific type.